At 7:24 p.m. this evening, our Kickstarter was funded. We ended up with 83 backers and $6,188. It’s been fantastic to see the Indiana community (and beyond!) come out to support the festival. Our thanks to everyone who’s supported the Kickstarter, came to the fundraiser, and sponsored us. As Duke Ellington would say, “we do love you madly.”
This is just the beginning, of course. What’s next for the festival?
- The steering committee’s going to be busy getting out those rewards: stickers, t-shirts, and prints.
- Our music committee’s starting to talk to possible headliners. (The list of possibilities we’ve put together is really exciting, but we can’t say anything until we have some agreements on paper. Sorry.)
- And fundraising continues. Completing the Kickstarter gives us the minimum we need to hold the festival, but additional funds will allow us to attract more and better-known musicians. (We already have a few sponsorships that we will announce next week.)
So what are you going to do while you wait for May 24 to roll around? It’s a bit early to start applying sunscreen, but we’ve got some other ideas:
Keep in Touch
We’ve got lots of ways to make sure you hear all the latest:
- Sign up for our e-mail list
- Like us on Facebook
- Follow us on Twitter
- Do, uh, whatever you do on Google Plus
Add Us to Your Calendar
May 24, 2014. 11:00 to 9:00. We’ve got a Facebook event ready for you if you’d like to just go ahead and RSVP right now.
Consider a Donation
Fundraising continues. If you haven’t donated yet, we can’t give you a limited-edition t-shirt (yes, we were serious about that). But all donations are tax-deductible and handled through our super-excellent fiscal sponsor, the Indiana Arts Council. Just use the PayPal button on this page.
See you on the internet for now, and in downtown Indiana, PA on May 24.