Eleven months ago, the Delaney Chevrolet Westsylvania Jazz & Blues Festival was just an idea around a campfire (we’re not kidding about the campfire). Tomorrow, we take over IRMC Park from 10:30 am to 9 pm—and then things keep on going all around downtown Indiana.
We couldn’t be more excited.
Before things get going tomorrow, we wanted to send out some last minute-tips for going to the festival:
- Twitter: We’ll be on Twitter all day @WestsylvaniaJB, and we’ll be using the hashtag #westsylvania. Watch for info and help us spread the word.
- Directions and Parking: IRMC Park is where the festival takes place (and it’s on Google Maps now!). But the best address for your GPS is the Indiana Borough parking garage: 650 Water St, Indiana, PA.
- Chairs: We got ‘em! There are some built into IRMC park, and we’ve got 100s more being delivered tomorrow morning. So no need to bring your own!
- Food: We decided early on not to have vendors at our inaugural festival. For one thing, there’s not much space for them. But even more importantly, there are already more than 30 eating establishments in downtown Indiana, with everything from Thai to locally-sourced burgers to Irish pub fare.
We particularly recommend the four establishments who are also sponsors of the festival: The Brown Hotel, Caffé Amadeus Roast & Brew, The Coney Island, and the Thai Café Company. You can get more details about food options on our website.
- Sponsors: None of this would be possible without our sponsors: Delaney Chevrolet, the Indiana Arts Council, the Pittsburgh JazzLive International Festival, IUP Lively Arts, the Pennsylvania Council on the Arts, and many more. Please take some time to look at the full list on our website, and patronize these businesses during the festival and in the future.
- Kickstarter Backers, Wear Your Shirts: If you were one of our Kickstarter backers and you received a t-shirt, please wear it tomorrow. We’d love to say thank you! Plus, we’re planning on having a group recognition for all of our Kickstarter backers between 5:00 and 5:30 pm—try to make it if you can.
That’s all. See you tomorrow at IRMC Park!